So, you’re thinking about selling your home? How do you know when is the right time?
People and circumstances vary hugely, so I’m going to assume for these 5 tips that as a seller you wish to get a strong price, without a linked purchase and you wish to sell fairly quickly. Selling quickly generally means selling for strong money in a sellers market.
- There are few similar properties on the market. Less competition = a stronger price.
- Money is cheap. Lower mortgage repayments encourage more buyers which in turn will drive the price.
- Positive news in the media always helps. I wish it didn’t affect the general public so much, but it does.
- If you have a family home in a good school catchment, the earlier the better in the year. Buyers are thinking about that school in January.
- You’re 80% ready to sell. Selling is tough and an easy thing to put off. That last 20%, in my experience only comes when you start the process. Then the excitement tends to take you forward.